This not-too-sweet fruit dessert is a nice finishing touch for any Mediterranean-style meal.
Yield: Makes 12 pieces; 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 27mg
- Cholesterol: 1.8mg
- 8 Medjool dates (2 in. long)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon neufchâtel (light cream) cheese
- 12 salted almonds
- 1. Cut 8 Medjool dates (2 in. long) in half lengthwise and discard pits. Finely chop 4 date halves. In a bowl, mix chopped dates with 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots, 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- 2. Spread 1/4 teaspoon neufchâtel (light cream) cheese (1 tablespoon total) in cut side of each date half. Mound apricot mixture equally onto cheese. Push 1 roasted, salted almond (12 total) into each mound.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note