- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 153
- caloriesfromfat 1 %
- fat 0.2 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 39.5 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 74 mg
- calcium 30 mg
How to Make It
Place dried apricots in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
Combine apricots, dates, and next 8 ingredients (through onion) in a medium heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
Pack chutney in clean jars. Cover and cool chutney completely; chill.
Note: Store chutney in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.