Date and Nut Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Water Boiling
- 1 cup(s) Pitted dates Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 2 1/4 cup(s) All purpose flour Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1 cup(s) Walnuts Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Shortening Melted
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- Pour boiling water over dates and let stand 10 minutes.meanwhile add sugar gradually to the egg, while beating with a spoon. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and stir the walnuts into them. Add dat mixture alternately with the sifted dry ingredients and nuts to the sugar and gig mixture. Stir in shortening and vanilla extract and pour into greased or oiled loaf pan about 10 x 5 x 3. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Annie42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note