This was almost like dessert. Served it at Thanksgiving and did not have any leftovers.
Dashiell Corn Pudding
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 (15 1/4-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract(optional)
- Process 1 can corn in blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together pureed corn, remaining whole kernel corn, flour, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, vanilla extract. Stir into corn mixture. Pour into a lightly greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables