Dark Chocolate Sauce
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 157
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 11mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 8 ounces premium dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Angel food cake squares (optional)
- Fresh whole strawberries (optional)
- Fresh banana slices (optional)
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Cook half-and-half and fat-free half-and-half in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat until mixture steams and bubbles form around edges. Remove from heat. Pour hot half-and-half mixture over chocolate, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Serve immediately with cake squares, strawberries, and banana slices, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate.
- Per 2-tablespoon serving of sauce with 1/12 of angel food cake, 4 strawberries, and 1/2 banana: Calories 307 (31% from fat); Fat 10.4g (sat 5.9g, mono 0.3g, poly 0.1g); Protein 4.3g; Carb 55g; Fiber 5.8g; Chol 7mg; Iron 1.9mg; Sodium 224mg; Calc 65mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dark Chocolate Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts