Dark Chocolate Pudding with Pretzels
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- whipped cream and chopped pretzels for serving
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a med. saucepan. Whisk egg yolks, milk, and cream in a large bowl; scrape in vanilla seeds and add pod. Gradually whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Bring mixture to boil over med-high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to med. and continue cooking, whisking, until mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 min. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate, butter, and vanilla (mixture will thicken). Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into another large bowl. Divide pudding among small jars or bowls. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of pudding: chill at least 4 hrs. Top pudding with whipped cream and pretzels just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amber03219 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note