good recipe - but it was heavier than other mousses that I have made. Was quick to make though and got rave reviews from the adults. Raspberry sauce makes the dish!
Dark Chocolate Mousse With Raspberry Sauce
More From Southern Living
Stand: 45 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 (3.5-ounce) bars premium dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free nondairy whipped topping
- Raspberry Sauce (optional)
- Garnishes: fresh raspberries, dark chocolate shavings
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts.
- Whisk together egg substitute and milk. Gradually whisk about 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; transfer to a small, nonmetallic bowl, and let stand 45 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping gently into cooled chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon evenly into 8 stemmed glasses; cover and chill 2 hours. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons Raspberry Sauce, if desired, and garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This