Dark Chocolate Mousse
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) Bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) Nespresso made coffee
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) Brandy, I used our port/brandy mix
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sugar, divided (1 1/2 tsp for egg yolks; 1 tsp for egg whites
- 1 cup(s) Whipping cream
- Combine chocolate, coffee (nespresso), cocoa powder, brandy in a medium size saucepan. Set of low heat, stirring until it is completely melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks plus 1 1/2 tsp sugar until slightly thickened and pale in colour. Pour melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Let cool until its slightly warmer than room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy then add remaining 1 tsp sugar. Continue to whip until soft peaks form. Gently whisk in 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg whites with a rubber spatula until just a few white streaks remain.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula gently fold in the whipped cream into the chocolate mousse until no white streaks remain. Spoon into individual serving cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set and firm, about 2 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Triumph and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes