Sinfully delicious! Best chocolate tart I have ever tasted or baked myself, hands down. I didn't add the crumbles to the top, definately was not needed. I might add a little kosher or rock salt to the top instead. I made fresh whipped cream to top and it was a major hit at a dinner party.
Dark Chocolate Holiday Tart
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 668
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated fat: 25g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- 10 ounces shortbread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, chopped (12 oz.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position a rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F
- Make crust: Pulse cookies in a food processor until ground; set aside 1/4 cup. Add butter and sugar; pulse to combine. Press mixture evenly into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake until dry and set, 8 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Mix remaining crumbs and cocoa in a bowl; set aside.
- Make filling: Heat chocolate, cream, butter and salt in a bowl set over a pan of nearly simmering water; whisk until smooth. Remove bowl; whisk in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Put crust on a baking sheet; pour in filling.
- Bake until filling is set around edges but slightly jiggly in center, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Dust with crumb mixture; serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts