Delicious. Added a little orange extract and orange zest on top instead of crumbles. Used dark Belgian chocolate bar instead of chips. Very rich. Everyone loved it.
Dark Chocolate Holiday Tart
Change up the dessert table this holiday season, with dark chocolate.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.06
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 668
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated fat: 25g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- 10 ounces shortbread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, chopped (12 oz.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position a rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F
- Make crust: Pulse cookies in a food processor until ground; set aside 1/4 cup. Add butter and sugar; pulse to combine. Press mixture evenly into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake until dry and set, 8 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Mix remaining crumbs and cocoa in a bowl; set aside.
- Make filling: Heat chocolate, cream, butter and salt in a bowl set over a pan of nearly simmering water; whisk until smooth. Remove bowl; whisk in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Put crust on a baking sheet; pour in filling.
- Bake until filling is set around edges but slightly jiggly in center, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Dust with crumb mixture; serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This