Made this for family/ friend treats for Christmas. I tried both this recipe and the "easy" method with condensed milk. No comparison! Friends have said this is the best fudge they have ever eaten. You must use the candy thermometer, and when you do, it comes out perfect! Will make again over and over.
Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (5.33-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown butter lightly in a 3- quart saucepan. Add sugar, milk, syrup, and salt; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Stir in chocolate. Cover and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
- Remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm (110°). Add vanilla; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and begins to cool. Pour into a buttered 9-inch square baking pan. Cool and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Note: 1/2 cup peanut butter may be stirred into chocolate mixture just before removing from heat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy