Rich and full of flavor. The dark chocolate and cherry combination is wonderful. Best when made a day ahead so flavors can mingle. Moist and delicious!! Just add real whipped cream on the side to put this over the top!!! Will definitely make again!
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cake
Yield: 12 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 18 Minutes
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3.8-ounce) package devil's food instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 (3-ounce) dark chocolate bars, divided (we tested with Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan, and dust with cocoa; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, sugar, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add oil mixture to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes. Coarsely chop 3 chocolate bars; fold cherries and chopped chocolate into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl; set aside.
- Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over chocolate and butter. Whisk gently until smooth. Cool glaze 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drizzle glaze over cake. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate bar; sprinkle chopped chocolate over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts