Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
There's nothing more comforting than a plateful of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is guaranteed to earn rave reviews from fans of dark chocolate.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 14 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package dark chocolate morsels
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in morsels. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hershey's Special Dark Chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note