Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/4 cup marg. melted
- 10 oz. dark (bittersweet) chocolate, chopped
- 4 pkg cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 T. sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 T. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix crust ingredients and press into a greased 9 inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool.
- Stir chopped chocolate over simmering water till melted and smooth. Cool til lukewarm, but still pourable. Blend cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder. Add eggs one at a time. Add chocolate and stir til smooth. pour over crust and smooth top. Bake 1 hour. Cool 5 minutes. run a knife around sides of cake to loosen. Chill overnight.
- Stir whipping cream, chocolate and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake spreading to within 1/2 inch of edge. Chill 1 hour till top is set.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by thoreson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts