I got my chocolate fix, but this wasn't what I was looking for in a brownie recipe. I like fudgy brownies, but I think these were over the top. There was way too much butter: the brownies turned out very greasy. I'll try another recipe for brownies that are a little more "cakey".
Dark Chocolate Brownies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Chocolate glaze (optional; recipe follows)
- 1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over low heat, frequently stir butter and chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and walnuts until well blended.
- 2. Spread batter evenly in a buttered and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- 3. Bake in a 350° oven until edges feel firm to touch and begin to turn a shade darker, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Run a knife between pan rim and brownie. If desired, spread with chocolate glaze. Let cool in pan on a rack, about 1 hour. Cut into 9 or 16 squares.
- Chocolate glaze. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over low heat, frequently stir 1/3 cup whipping cream and 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Use warm.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per small brownie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts