Dark Chocolate Bow
This recipe goes with Sweet Tooth Truffle Tree
Yield: enough for 1 Dark Chocolate Bow
- 8 ounces dark sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Place half of chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot water; stir with a rubber spatula until chocolate melts. Add remaining half of chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Stir in corn syrup; remove from heat and let cool slightly. Remove and set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture. Spread remaining chocolate mixture to 1/3" thickness on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill 20 minutes or just until firm.
- Feed firm chocolate slab through smooth roller of a cold pasta machine set on 2. Immediately cut chocolate into 3/4"-wide strips. Cut strips into 5" and 7" segments. Fold 5" segments to form loops, pressing ends gently together. Drape 7" segments over empty egg cartons, creating a wavy appearance.
- Make a bow with chocolate loops, overlapping loops on a wooden pick; use 2 tablespoons reserved chocolate mixture as "glue" between layers. Chill strips and bow until firm.
- Note: If you don't have a pasta machine, spread chocolate mixture to about 1/8" thickness on a large marble slab. Let harden and cut into thin strips using a sharp knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dark Chocolate Bow Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts