Dark Chocolate-Amaretto Cake
You don't need liqueur for this cake. Its subtle amaretto flavor comes from almond extract and coffee creamer.
Yield: one 10" cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup amaretto-flavored liquid non-dairy creamer
- 3 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels and amaretto-flavored creamer in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate morsels melt. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes. Drizzle chocolate glaze over cake; sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dark Chocolate-Amaretto Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate, Nuts
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Mother's Day, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Oxmoor House
More Recipes Like This