Dark and Stormy Death Punch
Steep: 30 Minutes
Freeze: 4 Hours
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- One 20-ounce can(s) lychees in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 16 brandied cherries
- 1/4 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 12 ounce(s) dark rum
- Three 12-ounce bottle(s) ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the lychee syrup and ginger to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, stuff 16 lychees with brandied cherries. Set each lychee in the cup of a mini muffin pan of in an ice cube tray. Strain the lychee-ginger syrup and pour it over the lychees. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a pitcher, stir the sugar into the lime juice until dissolved. Add the rum and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Unmold the lychee ice cubes into a small punch bowl. Pour in the lime-rum mixture. Add the ginger beer, stir gently and serve in ice-filled glasses.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note