Dan's Pizza Dough
Italian 00 flour is a very fine soft flour that offers a balanced, crisp but delicate texture. Find it at large supermarkets or kingarthurflour.com.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 4 cups Italian 00 soft wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups ice-cold water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer; beat at low speed (using a dough hook attachment) until blended. Gradually add water and oil in a slow, steady stream, and beat at low speed 3 minutes. Beat at high speed 5 minutes.
- 2. Cover dough with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until almost doubled in bulk and dough is springy when lightly touched. Punch dough down, and shape into a large ball; cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
- 3. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. Stretch top of dough around outside of ball, and pinch the edges together, forming a smooth ball.
- 4. Place dough balls on a lightly greased baking sheet, and dust with flour. Cover with a damp towel. Let stand in a cool place 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note