Danna's lettuce wraps
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 head(s) iceberg lettuce cut in half, separated into cups
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) Miso
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) Stir fry oil
- 1 pound(s) ground 95% turkey
- 1 teaspoon(s) Penzey's Szechuan pepper mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) Penzey's Singapore
- 1 teaspoon(s) Penzey's white pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion very thinly sliced
- 2 stalk(s) green onion chopped, tablespoon of green reserved for garnish
- 3/4 cup(s) carrots julienned/large shred
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger minced, reserve 1 teasp
- 1/3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 cup(s) cabbage shredded (bag, cabbage only)
- 1. Cut head of lettuce in half, rinse each half with water, cup-like, then turn over and drain & shake well to remove water. Separate into cups and place upside down on paper towels. Collect cups randomly, place in the middle of the towels. Gently swath paper towels around the cups and place in a big bowl. Refrigerate.
- 2. Stir together first 6 ingredients (soy sauce, Worcestershire, lime juice, miso, red pepper/garlic sauce, garlic) and set aside.
- 3. Add oil to wok, heat medium high.
- 4. Add ground turkey, white pepper, Szechuan pepper and Singapore seasoning and cook 3-5 minutes until turkey is done. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving any juices in the pan, and keep warm.
- 5. Add red onion and green onion. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add carrots and ginger. Sauté for three minutes. Add chicken broth. Add 1/2 of cabbage; incorporate. Add other half cabbage and all of the cooked, ground turkey. Incorporate. Add original 6 ingredient sauce mixture. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until everything is coated. Serve immediately with reserved ginger and green onion tops for garnish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DannaKats and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note