Dandelion Greens with Currants and Pine Nuts
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
Yield: Serves 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 113
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 96mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pound dandelion greens, ends trimmed, roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 qts.)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- 2. Add dandelion greens in batches, turning frequently with tongs. Increase heat to medium-high, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and continue to cook, turning with tongs, until greens are wilted and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add currants and pine nuts and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with about 1 tbsp. more oil. Serve with a squeeze of lemon if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This