- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pound dandelion greens, ends trimmed, roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 qts.)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 113
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 2.7 g
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 1 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- sodium 96 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds.
Add dandelion greens in batches, turning frequently with tongs. Increase heat to medium-high, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and continue to cook, turning with tongs, until greens are wilted and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
Add currants and pine nuts and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with about 1 tbsp. more oil. Serve with a squeeze of lemon if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.