- 1 pound(s) Ground Chuck
- 1/4 pound(s) Ground Pork
- 1/4 pound(s) Ground Veal
- 1/2 pound(s) Chunk Baby Swiss Cheese
- 1 whole(s) Onion (large), minced
- 1/3 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared Mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) Oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) Basil
- 3/4 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) Catsup
- 1/4 cup(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 strip(s) bacon, or bacon bits
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, pressed
- Place all meat in a large mixing bowl. Mix in Worchestershire and bring to room temperature.
- Saute Onions in butter and olive oil until translucent, and slightly golden.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bacon, and mix well. (Mixing with hands is best)
- Heap about 1/2 of meat mixture onto cookie sheet, with sides. Place the chunk of Cheese on top of meat mixture. Form remaining meat over top of Cheese.
- Place bacon, (or bacon bits), on top of loaf.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 Hour.
- **Dan likes to go a little heavier on the spices & worchestershire
- **May also be made with Gouda Cheese in lieu of Swiss
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RoseanneB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note