Dan's wonderful concoction of traditional meatloaf with an added "surprise" chunk of baby swiss in the center!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Ground Chuck
- 1/4 pound(s) Ground Pork
- 1/4 pound(s) Ground Veal
- 1/2 pound(s) Chunk Baby Swiss Cheese
- 1 whole(s) Onion (large), minced
- 1/3 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared Mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) Oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) Basil
- 3/4 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) Catsup
- 1/4 cup(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 strip(s) bacon, or bacon bits
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, pressed
- Place all meat in a large mixing bowl. Mix in Worchestershire and bring to room temperature.
- Saute Onions in butter and olive oil until translucent, and slightly golden.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bacon, and mix well. (Mixing with hands is best)
- Heap about 1/2 of meat mixture onto cookie sheet, with sides. Place the chunk of Cheese on top of meat mixture. Form remaining meat over top of Cheese.
- Place bacon, (or bacon bits), on top of loaf.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 Hour.
- **Dan likes to go a little heavier on the spices & worchestershire
- **May also be made with Gouda Cheese in lieu of Swiss
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RoseanneB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note