Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 9 14 1/2 oz can(s) chicken broth
- 2-3 pound(s) chicken cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 2-3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes w/green chilies
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce
- 1 pound(s) andouille Sliced
- 2 package(s) frozen okra sliced
- 3 pound(s) shrimp
- 1 pound(s) crab meat
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; gradually whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until flour is a dark mahogany (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in chicken broth and next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 1/2 hours. Add okra and cook 1/2 hour more.
- Add shrimp and crabmeat to broth mixture; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley. Remove from heat. Serve over hot cooked rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 6439375 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
DaDu's Gumbo Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes