Dad's Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 5 bell peppers small
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 onion diced
- 1/2 cup(s) rice uncooked
- 3- 8 ounce(s) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and rinse. Bring a large pot to a boil. Add salt and bell peppers. Let boil for 5 minutes. Drain and let peppers sit in cold water for 15 minutes to cool off.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg, 1/2 can tomato sauce, rice, onions, and (all) seasonings. Stuff peppers with mixture and pour remaining 1/2 can tomato sauce on top. Add more seasonings to top. (optional)
- In large pot, mix rest of the tomato sauce with water (add more water than you think). Place stuffed peppers in mixture and cook over low-med heat covered for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Use the sauce in the pot for gravy over mashed potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Christina83 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dad's Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes