Cynthia's Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- 1 cup(s) chopped green onions or shallots
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 14 1/2-ounce can(s) whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sour cream, for garnish
- 1. Saute the onions in olive oil until soft. Add the chicken stock, red peppers, tomatoes, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. 2. Remove the tomatoes and peppers with a slotted spoon and transfer to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, and then return to the liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note