Cut-Out Butter Cookies are as pretty as they are yummy. Make the holiday baking season memorable with fun cookie cutters.
Coastal Living DECEMBER 2013
1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar gradually, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
2. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl; beat into butter mixture gradually. Divide dough into 4 pieces, and flatten into disks. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Roll each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out with 3- or 4-inch cookie cutters. Place on prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around edges. Let cool 3 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
6. Pipe cookies with Royal Icing; garnish, if desired.
Go to full version of