Cut-Out Butter Cookies
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 8 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Royal Icing
- Garnishes: sanding sugar, sprinkles, nonpariels, candy beads
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar gradually, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 2. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl; beat into butter mixture gradually. Divide dough into 4 pieces, and flatten into disks. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 4. Roll each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out with 3- or 4-inch cookie cutters. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- 5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around edges. Let cool 3 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 6. Pipe cookies with Royal Icing; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note