Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) confectioner's sugar
- To make the custard cream: In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, heat milk to barely simmering.
- Meanwhile, combine egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk to blend smoothly.
- Stir the heated milk into the egg mixture; return mixture to saucepan.
- Bring back to a boil, over medium-low heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring to melt the butter.
- Transfer custard to a bowl; place a piece of waxed paper directly on top to prevent a crust from forming and refrigerate until cold.
- Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the chilled custard and refrigerate until ready to use.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hiimcindy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Custard Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts