Photo: Anne Liles
Curry-Spiced Shrimp delivers exotic flavors for casual summer gatherings.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder or other curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cilantro-Yogurt Chutney
- 1. Devein shrimp with small kitchen scissors, but do not peel. Pat dry. Combine curry powder and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet. Sear half of shrimp on both sides until shells turn crisp and orange. Remove from pan, and set aside. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining shrimp.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and green onions 30 seconds. Stir in reserved curry powder mixture, and sauté 1 minute or until fragrant. Add shrimp, butter, lemon juice, and cilantro. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter melts and seasoning coats shrimp. Serve with Cilantro-Yogurt Chutney.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note