Curry Shrimp on a Sweet Potato
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- ground ginger to taste
- 1/4 red bell pepper thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut milk
- 4 ounce(s) shrimp
- cilantro chopped
- Prehat oven to 425F. Wrap sweet potatoe in foil and bake for 40-60 minutes until tender and easily squeezed.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small heavy skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers toss in the ginger and saute until it becomes very fragrant and starts to softe, 2-3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook just until the bell pepper lose their crunch ( 2-4 mins). Decreas the heat to a med-low and add the curry and coconut milk, stirring to thoroughly combine. Add the shrimp and stir to incorporate. Cook just until the shrimp are firm and opaque (1-2 mins) Season with salt to taste and remove from heat.
- When the sweet potato has finished baking, place it on a serving plate. Slash the potato with a knife and scoop in shrimp mixture. Sprinkle on cilantro and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by in2itgirl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curry Shrimp on a Sweet Potato Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes