Curry-scented Butternut Squash Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) butternut squash, 2 1/2 lb (6 cups cubed)
- 2 whole(s) large sweet apples such as Fuji or Honeycrisp
- 3 whole(s) medium onions
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 6 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- 8 ounce(s) 1 container mascarpone* cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- sour cream and fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Peel squash and apples, cut into 1-in cubes and dice onions.
- 2. Melt butter in (8 qt) large pot or stockpot over med-low heat. Add onions; cook 5-6 min or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add squash, apples, brown sugar, and curry. Cook and stir 1 min or until curry is fragrant. add stock and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 24-26 min or until squash is very soft. Remove from heat.
- 3. Carefully ladle about 1/3 of the squash mixture into blender contaiber. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour blended soup into large bowl. Repeat as needed to puree all of squash mixture.
- 4. Return soup to stockpot and whisk in mascarpone* and salt until mascarpone is completely incorporated. return to a simmer over medium heat and remove from heat. garnish each serving with sour cream and chives, if desired.
- *I substituted ricotta once before for the mascarpone, and it also turned out well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Catvc1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curry-scented Butternut Squash Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews