Curry Noodles with Chicken
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 684
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 41g
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 747mg
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- 1 pound green beans
- 3/4 pound boned, skinned chicken breasts
- 8 to 9 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- Fresh basil or cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1. In a covered 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, bring 2 1/2 to 3 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse green beans; trim and discard ends, then cut beans into 2- to 3-inch lengths. Rinse chicken and pat dry; thinly slice crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick strips.
- 3. Stir fettuccine and beans into boiling water; cook, uncovered, until pasta is barely tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a colander, rinse with hot water, and drain.
- 4. Rinse pan and set over medium heat. Stir in 1/4 cup coconut milk and curry paste. Add chicken; stir until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Add remaining coconut milk, 1/4 cup water, sugar, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon fish sauce; mix.
- 5. Add pasta and beans to pan; mix until noodles are hot, about 2 minutes. Add more fish sauce if desired. Pour into a wide bowl. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note