Curry Marinated Mussels on the Half Shell
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 teaspoon Thai red or yellow curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds mussels (preferably cultivated)
- 2 shallots
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery rib
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- print a shopping list for this recipe
- In a large bowl stir together curry paste, curry powder, vinegar, and 4 tablespoons oil. Scrub mussels and remove beards. Mince shallots and cut carrot, celery, and bell pepper into 1/4-inch dice. In a 12-inch skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saut vegetables, stirring and adding salt to taste, until slightly softened but not browned. Add vegetables to curry mixture. In skillet steam mussels in 1/4 cup water, covered, over moderately high heat, 3 to 8 minutes, checking occasionally after 3 minutes and transferring them as they open to another bowl. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Remove mussels from shells and add to curry-vegetable mixture, gently tossing to coat. Wash and reserve half of each shell. Marinate mussels, covered and chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, chop cilantro and stir into mussels. Fill each reserved shell with a mussel and some curried vegetables.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Curry-Marinated-Mussels-on-the-Half-Shell-101762#ixzz1QVtqEPbW
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curry Marinated Mussels on the Half Shell Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes