CURRY COCONUT SHRIMP
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- teaspoon(s) 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Heat oil in large, nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, red pepper, and garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Season with cumin, coriander, and curry powder. Cook for 1 more minute. Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- 3. Stir in shrimp, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Stir into shrimp mixture, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro, and remove from heat.
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/14/20
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vjsuarez and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
CURRY COCONUT SHRIMP Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes