- 1 cup instant rice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pre-sliced sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packaged sliced mushrooms
- 10 3/4-oz can cream of chicken soup
- 10 3/4-oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 cups pre-cooked white-meat chicken strips
- Optional:Shredded coconutChopped hard-boiled eggRaisinsFinely chopped peanutsBottled chutney
- calories (1/4 of recipe): 399
- fat 13 g
- satfat 4 g
- sodium 1,184 mg
- cholesterol 67 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 9 minutes
Total: 12 minutes
Cook rice according to package directions and keep it warm.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the pepper for 1 minute over high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes, or until soft. Remove the skillet from heat.
Add soups, water, and curry powder to skillet and stir. Return to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 5 minutes.
Serve the chicken over the rice and let family members garnish as they like.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; put garnishes in bowls.
TIP: Use leftover chicken, a pre-roasted deli chicken, or pre-cooked chicken strips (Perdue Shortcuts, for example; find in the refrigerated meat/poultry case in the supermarket).