As I made this and tasted it along the way I thought I wasn't going to like it. When it was done I wasn't impressed the first few spoonfuls. But as I continued to eat it, it grew on me and by the time I hit the bottom of the bowl I really, really liked it. Definitely a keeper!
Curried Zucchini Soup
Amy Schroeder used an excess of homegrown zucchini as an opportunity to make this delicate soup.
Yield: Makes 5 cups; 3 to 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Cholesterol: 1.8mg
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-fat (light) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and white pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium heat, stir onion and garlic in oil until soft, about 8 minutes. Add zucchini and 1 cup chicken broth; simmer until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a blender; whirl until smooth.
- 3. Return to pan. Stir in remaining chicken broth, the coconut milk, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews