- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-fat (light) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and white pepper
- calories 137
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 5 g
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 82 mg
- cholesterol 1.8 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium heat, stir onion and garlic in oil until soft, about 8 minutes. Add zucchini and 1 cup chicken broth; simmer until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a blender; whirl until smooth.
Return to pan. Stir in remaining chicken broth, the coconut milk, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until hot.