- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 8 orange essence dried plums, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked couscous
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney (optional)
- calories 438
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 37.6 g
- carbohydrate 53.3 g
- fiber 5.3 g
- cholesterol 82 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 468 mg
- calcium 50 mg
How to Make It
Combine brown sugar, curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper; rub over turkey.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pecans, and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Transfer pecans to a small bowl.
Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer turkey to a platter, and keep warm.
Add onion and 6 tablespoons chicken broth to pan. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in plums, remaining chicken broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pecans. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed. Spoon mixture over turkey; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Serve turkey mixture over couscous. Top each serving with chutney, if desired.