- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and chopped*
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 whole-grain bread slices
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add peaches and next 5 ingredients; toss gently.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 bread slices, and spoon tuna mixture evenly over lettuce. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- *Frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped (1 1/2 cups), may be substituted for fresh. To remove excess moisture, pat dry with paper towels after chopping.
- Wine note: "The curry and peach combination finds a great match with Pinot Gris. I like Trimbach Reserve Pinot Gris 2001 [$18] because it gives the taster a lively, full-bodied feel. It 'pops' in your mouth. This is a fantastic marriage!" --Rosalind Johnson, Divas Uncorked, Massachusetts
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads