Unfortunately this recipe lacked flavor. I would not make it again. I followed the recipe with the exception of canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh.
Curried Tofu With Couscous
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup couscous, 1 1/4 cups tofu mixture, and about 2 teaspoons cashews)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 511mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth, divided
- 3/4 cup diagonally sliced carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, toasted and chopped
- Place first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add onion mixture. Cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add curry powder; cook an additional 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- Place 1/4 cup cashews and 1 cup broth in food processor; process 1 minute. Add cashew mixture to onion mixture in skillet; stir in carrot, tofu, and remaining broth. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 8 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add spinach and salt; cover and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in tomato.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Spoon couscous evenly onto 4 plates; top with tofu mixture. Sprinkle with toasted cashews.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note