- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth, divided
- 3/4 cup diagonally sliced carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, toasted and chopped
- calories 412
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- protein 17 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 5.4 mg
- sodium 511 mg
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fiber 6.1 g
- calcium 57 mg
How to Make It
Place first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add onion mixture. Cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add curry powder; cook an additional 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
Place 1/4 cup cashews and 1 cup broth in food processor; process 1 minute. Add cashew mixture to onion mixture in skillet; stir in carrot, tofu, and remaining broth. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 8 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add spinach and salt; cover and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in tomato.
Cook couscous according to package directions.
Spoon couscous evenly onto 4 plates; top with tofu mixture. Sprinkle with toasted cashews.