I like this, but I used a full TABLESPOON of red curry paste and added two tsp of fish sauce. I've never had problems with watery lowfat coconut milk and wonder if those who did had forgotten to stir it thoroughly. As written, this would be badly underseasoned, but the hefty spoonful of the Thai red curry paste really gave a nice flavor.
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
Serve with this quick-cooking curried tofu with white rice or rice noodles and fresh orange slices for a light vegetarian meal.
Yield: 3 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 508mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup precut matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and sprinkle with salt. Cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add coconut milk and curry powder to pan, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add carrots, crushed red pepper, pineapple, and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tofu. Sprinkle with basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes