amazing soup. my husband and i love it. we roast the squash, apple and onion first (400* for 50 minutes) and used 4 cups of fat free broth. the spices are subtle, but add a nice punch.
Curried Squash and Apple Soup
This make-ahead recipe keeps in the refrigerator for up to four days and up to two months in the freezer. For a main dish option, add cooked, diced chicken or turkey breast to the pot in the last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 299mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 3 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (2 pounds)
- 2 cups diced peeled apple (2 medium)
- Combine all ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until squash is tender.
- Place half of squash mixture in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat the procedure with remaining squash mixture.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note