Curried Spinach Soup with Yogurt and Cilantro
Community Recipe from
- 2 large leeks (white & pale green parts only, washed well) chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 small white potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and 1 tablespoon water; sauté until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and stir 30 seconds. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water, potatoes and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in spinach; simmer until just wilted, about 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until almost smooth. Return soup to same saucepan. Add milk and bring to simmer. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Whisk yogurt until smooth. Swirl 2 tablespoons yogurt into each bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Bon Appétit | April 2000
- Per serving: calories, 186; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 5 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curried Spinach Soup with Yogurt and Cilantro Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes