This is a delicious and easy recipe. I served it on wheat and on non-gluten raisin bread at a HOA dinner. The toasted coconut really adds to the recipe.
Curried Shrimp Tea Sandwiches
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled and deveined, cooked shrimp (about 1 lb. of any size)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Stir together shrimp, celery, coconut, cream cheese, green onions, ginger, curry powder, salt, and red pepper until well blended.
- Spread on: white bread.
- Variation. Curried Chicken: Substitute 2 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken for shrimp. Prepare recipe as directed. Spread on: raisin bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers