This is a delicious and easy recipe. I served it on wheat and on non-gluten raisin bread at a HOA dinner. The toasted coconut really adds to the recipe.
Curried Shrimp Tea Sandwiches
Bet you can't eat just one of these Curried Shrimp Tea Sandwiches. Shrimp and curry are mixed together with toasted coconut, cream cheese, and ginger for a savory filling with a bite.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled and deveined, cooked shrimp (about 1 lb. of any size)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Stir together shrimp, celery, coconut, cream cheese, green onions, ginger, curry powder, salt, and red pepper until well blended.
- Spread on: white bread.
- Variation. Curried Chicken: Substitute 2 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken for shrimp. Prepare recipe as directed. Spread on: raisin bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers