- 1 medium-size sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes (14 oz.), peeled and diced
- 1 large sweet potato (1 lb.), peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound peeled, large raw shrimp (2 6/30 count)
- Toppings: toasted coconut, thinly sliced green onions, coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
How to Make It
Sauté onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add Yukon gold potatoes and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in shrimp; cook 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with desired toppings.
TRY THIS TWIST!
Shrimp-and-Corn Chowder: We're big curry fans, but you can just as easily make a traditional chowder. Substitute 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk for lite coconut milk. Omit curry powder.