"Flavorful curried shrimp" by Michael Hastings, W-S Journal. Recipe Swap. Thai curry with complexity and amazing flavor in this little bit sweet and a little bit spicy dish. Recipe based on one published in Self magazine in May 2008, posted on Epicurious.com. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 11, 2012.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/3 chopped, fresh basil
- 1. Place potato in microwaveable bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add curry and cook 30 seconds. Add onion and bell pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Push vegetables to side of skillet. Add shrimp; cook 1 minute on each side until about halfway cooked. Stir in potatoes, mango, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, Sriracha and sugar. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add basil. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note