This is an excellent tasting salad. Changed just a couple of things...added a little Agave natural sweetener to offset the lemon juice, added chick peas instead of almonds (family preference) and just cooked my own brown/wild rice in a rice cooker. The curry really gives this salad a nice spicy taste. Is a good meatless lunch or light supper! Even the daughter takes it to school for lunch.
Curried Rice Salad
Turn microwave brown rice into a hearty salad by adding almonds, raisins, grapes, celery, and curry powder.
More From Health
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 (8.8-ounce) packages microwavable brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place almonds in even layer on baking sheet. Toast until lightly golden, 5–7 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Microwave the rice according to package directions. Combine hot rice and next 4 ingredients (through scallions) in a large bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Toss rice salad with curry mixture until well seasoned. Stir in toasted almonds and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This