Curried Red Lentil Soup with Dried Cherries & Cilantro
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 carrots chopped or shredded
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened light coconut milk divided
- 1 cup(s) red lentils
- 1/3 cup(s) dried red cherries chopped
- 6 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic shallots and carrots and cook stirring often until softened, about 7 minutes. Add curry powder, and cook stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add salt, 1/2 c. coconut milk, 4 c. water and the lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Strain out about 2 c. of solids. Add cilantro. Puree the remaining soup with an immersion blender. Stir in reserved solids, and dried cherries. Stir to incorporate. Reheat if necessary. To serve, ladle into bowls. Swirl remaining 1/4 c. coconut milk over soap. Garnish with additional chopped dried cherries and cilantro leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curried Red Lentil Soup with Dried Cherries & Cilantro Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews