Curried Quinoa & Peas
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) quinoa dried
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powered
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powdered
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth low fat
- 1 cup(s) peas frozen
- Rinse quinoa in cold water to remove its bitter coating. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine rinsed quinoa with curry powder and turmeric. Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Add peas, then cover and simmer until the water is absorbed—about 12-15 minutes. The quinoa will be soft and translucent. Serve as a side dish with your favorite broiled or grilled meat and fish.
- Serves 4.
- Per Serving: Calories 208, Calories from Fat 27, Total Fat 3.1g (sat 0.3g), cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 81mg, Carbohydrate 36.9g, Fiber 5.3g, Protein 8.4g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shepherd1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes